The AHC Syrian team has been coordinating an Arabic Women Networking & Conversation circle over the last several weeks. On this particular occasion, in addition to networking and sharing their stories, the women also received hand-made quilted blankets from southern Alberta courtesy of Lynn
Networking with other women from other communities helps:
· Develop skills to understand and adjust to how things are done in a new country.
· To have good communication within
· Develop self-confidence in talking to people or speaking in a group.
· Identify personal barriers which can get in the way of success.
· Learn better ways to change ways of doing tasks.
· Improve English skills
· Overcome social isolation and increase social network.
· Promote interaction and peer support among women participants.
· Meet new friends; build self-confidence.
· Learn effective problem-solving techniques.
View images from the event below.