Action for Healthy Communities has transitioned all of its programs and supports online/virtually for your convenience! View more information about our online supports below!
- AHC Helpline
- CERB Assistance
- Virtual Tax Clinic
- Immigrant Youth Program Online
- Empowering Black Girls Program Online
- Healthy Active Community Kids Online
- Entrepreneurship Supports Online
- Virtual English Language and Computer Classes
- Online Financial Literacy Classes
- Virtual English Conversation Cirlces
- Contact Us!
1. AHC Hangout
AHC Hangout presents an online learning space where youth can practice English and interact with each other. Facilitated conversation around today’s topic, and online educational games.
- Sign up: https://linktr.ee/ahc_youth ( ahc_youth Instagram bio link) or https://forms.gle/oMZ1myebpbMoRo226
- Youth will receive hangout invitation to their chosen method ( email, Instagram DM)
- Join the Hangout meeting on the scheduled date and time
2. Online Learning Table
With schools going online, we can help youth with homework, reading/writing skills, learning habits so youth can continue to learn and do not face big learning gaps in the next school year.
- Sign up: https://linktr.ee/ahc_youth ( ahc_youth Instagram bio link) or https://forms.gle/xCymWv3jJSjX6fDd7
- Youth will receive a phone call from the Learning Table Coordinator to set up the time and to assess the initial learning needs.
- Webcam needed.
3. Online Ready to Work
Immigrant youth can receive education path and career planning support online.
Available support: Career planning counselling, application to education programs, Ready for job market, resume help, interview practice, workplace communication skills
- One on one support sign up: https://linktr.ee/ahc_youth (ahc_youth Instagram bio link).
- Youth will receive hangout invitation by email
- Group sessions will be set up and will be promoted on our Instagram page @ahc_youth
4. AHC Youth YouTube channel is coming soon!!!
The Empowering Black Girl Program (EBG) is a digital storytelling and community participation project aimed at empowering young Black Canadian girls ages 16-24.
If you have program-specific questions, please contact:
- Settlement & Integration program/supports – Suraj (780) 293-6859 – email@example.com
- Employment program/supports – Andrea (780) 235-3627 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrepreneurship program/supports – Abdoulaye (587) 337-8441 – email@example.com
- Healthy Active Community Kids (HACK) program – Nadine (587) 357-5939 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Empowerment and Inclusion program – Basem – (587) 985-2067 – email@example.com
- Empowering Black Girls program – Ingabe (780) 231-4070 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult literacy & Skills Development program – Yanyu (780) 691-4036 – email@example.com
Volunteers needed! – To volunteer, please call (587) 357-5457 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers will be involved in the delivery of AHC emergency response supports!