action4hc Action for Healthy Communties
People and Communities in Action
A Youth Facilitator works with new immigrant children and youth in group setting to help their integration process in Canada by facilitating group activities in diverse topics, by playing a role as mentor for them
- Planning group activities: Plan and lead group activities in diverse topics to meet the program objectives. The topics includes but not limited to About Canada, Self-awareness, Healthy Lifestyle, Multiculturalism, Communication, Team building, Goal setting, and social norms.
- Provide one on one support for youth to follow the instruction and be able to understand the contents of the activities/lessons.
- Facilitate group activities including arts & craft, physical activities, team building, outdoor games, and field trips
- Role Model: Be a role model presents positive attitudes and behaviours to promote positive atmosphere and empower young people to make healthy life choices
- Administration: Write activity report regularly and support Coordinator to collect registration form, to conduct evaluation with students.
- Experience working with children and youth, especially working with new immigrants
- Candidates currently enrolled in or who have completed related field of study is an asset
- Clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector check is required
- June 24 – 28 should be available for meetings and orientation ( the schedule is TBD)
- July 2 – 26th : Monday to Friday, 5- 6 hours a day, total about 105 hours
- Daily hours are different by sites between 8 AM – 2 PM
How to apply
Your application will be assessed based on how strongly your identified qualifications meet the criteria in the job advertisement. If you meet the qualifications and are passionate about working to serve the needs of immigrants and refugees, then we welcome you to send both your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of employment.
Deadline: May 24th, 2019
Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org