Action For Healthy Communities
Are you passionate about continuous learning and development, community capacity building? Do you have experience in training needs assessment, design, development and facilitation? If so, then look no further!
|Position:||Training and Development Specialist|
|Position reports to||This position is based in AHC Community Development Unit (CDU) and reports to the Manager, Strategic Community Initiatives.|
|Sector:||Capacity Building/ Non-profit||Location: Edmonton, Alberta|
|Terms:||Full-time position starting in February/March 2023||Compensation:
$4,875 – $5,687.5 per month with a comprehensive benefits package
|The Training and Development Specialist will be responsible for the design, creation and implementation of continuous learning and development training opportunities that targets capacity building for AHC staff, various AHC program beneficiaries/clients including community stakeholders engaged in local community development initiatives that AHC supports.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for:
(a) Conducting organizational learning needs assessment, identifying capacity gaps, mapping and scoping out training and capacity building initiatives for AHC staff, volunteers and program beneficiaries/clients.
(b) Liaising with community leaders delivering grassroot community initiatives with AHC support, to conduct a community development training needs assessment to identify capacity gaps, and map/scope out specialized training and capacity building initiatives for community leaders.
(c) Facilitating the design and development of interactive training and experiential learning opportunities (outsourced or in-house), to address ongoing learning and capacity enhancement needs for the various audiences at AHC including staff, volunteers, program beneficiaries/clients and community leaders.
(d) The coordination, oversight of the overall delivery, evaluation and ongoing updates/refinement of all the training and development initiatives established (outsourced or in-house) and delivered annually to all the target audience (AHC staff, volunteers, program clients and community leaders).
(e) Supporting AHC’s Strategic CD Initiatives Manager and AHC’s Senior Management in the development of a Specialized Center for Community Development learning to deliver customized training and a learning resource hub for community development practice and leadership excellence.
|Learning Needs Assessment & Strategy Development
● In consultation with the AHC CD unit Manager, AHC Program Leads, and Community leaders/stakeholders, a robust training and capacity development needs and trends research and gap analysis across all the AHC audiences to be engaged in the diverse capacity development opportunities.
● Based on the training needs assessment and capacity gaps analysis, liaise with all internal AHC program teams and external stakeholders including subject matter experts, to facilitate the planning, design, development and implementation of specialized training programs created to address specific capacity enhancements for each of the diverse target audiences (AHC staff, volunteers, program clients and community leaders)
● In collaboration with all internal AHC program teams, conduct ongoing evaluations with all training recipients to assess progress and to facilitate training updates/refinements for improvements.
● Establish training and development strategies and tools customized to each target audience, to ensure delivery of effective, consistent and practical training and development programs that addresses specific capacity development needs of the target audience.
Coordination of Training And Development Programs
● In collaboration with all internal AHC program teams, coordinate the implementation of AHC’s training and development programs, oversee the overall delivery, evaluation and ongoing updates/refinement of all the training and development initiatives established (outsourced or in-house) and delivered annually to all the target audience (AHC staff, volunteers, program clients and community leaders).
● Organize and participate in post-training engagement reviews and assessments with all the training participants internally and externally, and facilitate continuous improvement, ensuring stakeholder participation and effective incorporation of diverse feedback from all.
● Build relationships with community groups, educational partners, and various subject matter experts to create a diverse network of resource people to support and contribute effectively towards the establishment of AHC’s training and development initiatives.
● Lead and facilitate engagements to pursue AHC’s long-term goal of creating a Community Development Learning Centre of Excellence.
● Facilitate AHC procurement process, for the acquisition of contract services of subject matter experts for areas such as curriculum design/development and training facilitation.
● Track progress, monitor needs trends, and provide timely and effective recommendations for new interventions.
● Lead and facilitate ongoing promotion through various venues to all target audiences, all the training and development opportunities offered at AHC.
Administration and reporting
● Create and monitor training plans, budget, other resources etc.
● Maintain records/database of training and development engagements conducted across the organization.
● Present semi-annual training results to the leadership team.
|Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies|
|Qualifications and experience
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Community Development, Adult Education, Social Sciences, Communications, or any other Training and Development related discipline required.
● Minimum 2 years project management and experience in design/delivery of training and development initiatives. Experience managing training programs in non-profit would be an asset.
● Demonstrable understanding of adult learning principles, measurement of learning outcomes, accountability, and tracking and reporting on progress.
● Collaborative influencer with strong consultative skills and excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities. Ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
● Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking, and public speaking.
● Demonstrate inclusive behaviors and able to create opportunities to collaborate across teams.
● Proficiency in using MS Office, Google Suite, teleconferencing tools, and other LMS applications.
● As AHC primarily supports newcomer and other equity seeking populations, awareness of the barriers and lived experience, paired with cross cultural sensitivity is necessary.
● Systems Thinking/Approach: Proactively seeks to understand interrelated environments, wide range of stakeholder perspectives and uses frameworks that consider the inter-relationships. Anticipates outcomes, evaluates and assesses potential impacts, and establishes plans with a holistic and long-term view of challenges and opportunities considering short, mid/long term impacts from broader sector trends.
● Outcome Orientation: Focuses on the goals and understands the steps needed to achieve them. Is motivated to see projects through to completion and motivates others to do the same. Ensures actions are aligned with organizational objectives and outcomes; evaluates, reflects, and adjusts project activities accordingly.
● Agility: Open to new, diverse ideas, and takes new approaches. Proactively seeks advice and support when priorities change, to appropriately assess, prioritize, and meet changing demands. Maintains resilience in times of uncertainty, effectively creates and takes advantage of opportunities for improvement, recognizes importance of timing, anticipates obstacles and takes action when appropriate. Able to adapt to multiple dynamics/priorities.
● Use of Technology: Has working knowledge of relevant data management and analysis tools and applications. Can adapt processes to new technology needs.
|● 37.5 hours weekly; flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends
● Significant portion of time will be spent in an office environment. The incumbent will also spend time delivering training at various locations in the community, as needed.
● Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract and a reliable vehicle is an asset, as some travel may be required
|How to Apply|
|Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a security screening
|Deadline: Monday March 27, 2023|
|Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Thanks for your expression of interest!|
To apply for this position send your resume to email@example.com