action4hc Action for Healthy Communties
People and Communities in Action
Position: Program Assistant (Summer Position)
Program: Adult Literacy and Skills Development
Work hours: 35 hours/week 8 weeks: July. 27th- Sept. 19th, 2020
Salary: $20/hour based on qualification and experience
Action for Healthy Communities (AHC) was established in 1995 with the objective to build the capacity of individuals and groups to improve their lives and communities through a unique community-building process, including support, mentoring and training. The organization works with all population groups in greater Edmonton area including newcomers, refugees and indigenous communities and people living in poverty facing multiple barriers.
Adult Literacy and Skills Development Program seeks a highly responsible, organized, and dedicated full-time Program Assistant with outstanding administrative, research, writing and organizational skills to do intensive data entry, provide administrative support, conduct research for developing the program, reach out communities and write the grant proposals for the program. Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Program Assistant will assist with the daily needs of the successful operations, and the promotion and development of the program for the future.
- Enroll & re-enroll students in classes
- Enter student and program data into the system
- Assist the classes and create a welcoming environment for the classes
- Develop evaluation tools for the program, help the process of student evaluation
- Collect and analyze data for funders reports
- Schedule meetings with staff, partners and clients
- Assist to develop curriculum for the program
- Prepare promotion materials such as brochures, posters and flyers and reach out communities to promote the program
- Communicate with other staff including teachers and volunteers
- Develop digital management systems for the program
- Conduct research, search funding information and draft the grant proposals
- Reach out sister organizations and assist to find innovative approaches and solutions to improve the program
- Complete other tasks, as needed, to support the program
- A university student/graduation student in Adult Education, Continuing Education, Business Administration, or related area of study preferred, and/or, at least one-year previous experience doing data entry, administrative work, and grant and report writing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written skills
- Proactive, detail orientated and flexible with strong organizational skills
- Strong technology skills, software applications, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge and skills of instructional software, Learning Management System platforms, social media, wikis, and blogs and web-based databases
- Ability to handle sensitive information with maturity and discretion
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced work environment with time-sensitive goals
- Hard-working, coachable, and fast learner
How to apply
If you are interested in the position and your qualifications meet the criteria of job requirements, you are welcome to send both your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of employment.
Deadline: July 10th, 2020
Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org