Action For Healthy Communities
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT AHC
Are you an IT professional looking to join a dynamic and growing organization? Do you have the technical ability and project coordination experience? Are you a solution-oriented and resourceful person? If so, consider applying for this position.
|Position:||IT Systems Analyst & Junior Project Manager|
|Program:||Operations||Location: Edmonton, Alberta|
|Terms:||Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, immediate start||Salary: $5,667 – $6,000 per month|
|The IT Systems Analysts & Junior Project Coordinator implement, maintain, and support IT and information systems to meet the business needs of AHC and scale as organizations grow.
AHC is looking for an IT professional with experience managing multiple IT projects, analyzing business and IT system needs, recommending technology solutions to improve business performance and security, managing existing systems and integrating third-party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and objectives.
Ultimately, the incumbent should be able to translate our internal business and external clients’/stakeholders’ needs into new high-quality IT systems.
|● Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish the IT Systems project scope, system goals, and requirements; liaise with third-party developers as AHC’s main project contact.
● Assess and analyze the current technology environment and IT systems requirements for high-quality performance and security across all AHC business areas.
● Research and recommend solutions to meet the short and long-term technology systems needs given AHC’s growth projection and program/service needs.
● Prepare recommendations for technology and systems improvements and create a framework and related design specifications to establish integrated IT systems.
● Liaise with AHC staff, third-party developers and other stakeholders to develop comprehensive project plans for AHC’s IT systems improvements to be shared with all to facilitate implementation and tracking progress.
● Liaise with all third-party vendors/developers to simultaneously ensure the smooth implementation of several new technology projects.
● Document interfaces between new and legacy systems.
● Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget.
● Customize or build application add-ons based on user requirements.
● Liaise with users to track additional requirements and features.
● Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
● Manage the relationship with third party developers/vendors and relevant stakeholders.
● Perform risk management to minimize potential risks.
● Train users on the new IT systems and provide ongoing support
|Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies|
|Qualifications and experience
● Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or information technology
● 3 – 5 years experience working with information technologies and systems analysis
● 1 – 2 years of project management experience is a must
● Strong computer software skills and familiarity with programming languages like Visual Basic, C++, Java
● Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions.
● Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, implementing new applications/systems.
● Experience with websites and web portals implementation, and ability to explain technical details.
● Experience with business application implementation and solid knowledge of business information systems. Working knowledge of SAP business software applications
● Strong communication skills. Excellent analytical & creative problem solving skills. Attention to detail, able to function in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. Demonstrated client focus and service oriented.
● Demonstrate inclusive behaviours and provide opportunities to collaborate across teams.
● As AHC primarily supports newcomer, and other equity-seeking populations, awareness of the barriers these communities experience paired with cross-cultural sensitivity is necessary.
● Systems Thinking/Approach: Proactively seeks to understand interrelated environments, wide range of stakeholder perspectives and uses frameworks that consider the inter-relationships. Anticipates outcomes, evaluates and assesses potential impacts, and establishes plans with a holistic and long-term view of challenges and opportunities considering short, mid/long term impacts from broader sector trends.
● Outcome Orientation: Focuses on goals and understands the steps needed to achieve them. Is motivated to see projects through to completion and motivates others to do the same. Ensures actions are aligned with organizational objectives and outcomes; evaluates, reflects, and adjusts project activities accordingly.
● Agility: Open to new, diverse ideas, and takes new approaches. Proactively seeks advice and support when priorities change, to appropriately assess, prioritize, and meet changing demands. Maintains resilience in times of uncertainty, effectively creates and takes advantage of opportunities for improvement, recognizes importance of timing, anticipates obstacles and takes action when appropriate. Able to adapt to multiple dynamics/priorities.
● Use of Technology: Has working knowledge of relevant data management and analysis tools and applications. Can adapt processes to new technology needs.
|● 37.5 hours weekly; flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends.
● Office environment and some community outreach within the greater Edmonton region.
● Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract and a reliable vehicle required
|How to Apply|
|Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a security screening
|Deadline: March 29, 2023|
|Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.|
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org