action4hc Action for Healthy Communities
People and Communities in Action
Position: Financial Literacy Instructor
Program: Adult Literacy and Skills Development
Number of Hours: 100 hours, starting from September 2020
Class Schedule: Evenings/Saturdays
Salary: $30/per hour
Action for Healthy Communities (AHC) is a registered charity serving the needs of youth, seniors, and adults in Greater Edmonton. Our mission is to foster individual participation and action to improve the comprehensive and holistic health of diverse communities. Our programs aim to build the capacity of individuals and groups to improve their lives and communities through a unique community-building process, including support, mentoring and training.
Curriculum Development & Planning
- Plan lessons for each class and workshop.
- Plan and deliver lessons that take place for field trips.
- Design a dynamic and student-centred curriculum to meet students’ needs and help them develop their financial literacy skills.
- Locate and utilize teaching resources to enrich the lessons.
Teaching basic digital literacy
- Teach financial literacy skills during the scheduled class time according to the curriculum and lesson plans.
- Deliver money management workshops and one-on-one coaching and mentoring services based on clients’ needs.
- Use teaching techniques that will encourage students to learn, practice, and apply what they have learned.
- Create a positive and encouraging learning atmosphere that promotes confidence-building.
- Offer opportunities for students to ask questions and request clarification on lessons and related subjects during the lessons.
• Degree or diploma in a relevant field plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience in adult education.
• Experience teaching and coaching to diverse adult learners with various levels of English language skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Non-profit experience an asset
• Available to work regular evenings and Saturdays with a great degree of flexibility in scheduling
How to apply
If you are interested in the position and your qualifications meet the criteria of job requirements, you are welcome to send both your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of employment.
Deadline: August 16th, 2020
Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org