Action for Healthy Communties
People and Communities
Position: Financial Empowerment Facilitator (part time -15 hours /week for one year)
Program: Community Capacity Building
Reports to: Program Coordinator – Adult Literacy and Skills Development (ALSD)
Salary and benefits: $22/hour based on qualification and experience
Action for Healthy Communities (AHC) was established in 1995 with the objective to build the capacity of individuals and groups to improve their lives and communities through a unique community building process, including support, mentoring and training. The organization works with all population groups in greater Edmonton area including newcomers, refugees and indigenous communities and people living in poverty facing multiple barriers.
The Financial Empowerment Facilitator will work with individuals from various population groups to improve their foundational skills to better understand the money matters and build their financial stability. We are looking for someone passionate about supporting individuals as they build their financial literacy skills and grow their assets on their journey toward a stable life. Your energy, your people skills and your understanding of the financial barriers faced by people who live in low incomes/difficult circumstances make you a perfect fit for this role. You’re a natural facilitator relying on adult education principles to develop, improve and deliver a creative content to the participants. Once a participant will complete all classes, they will receive their Certificate of Completion in Financial Literacy.
The Financial Empowerment Facilitator is responsible for the development and facilitation of the Money Management Program.
Through Money Management workshops the facilitator will provide financial literacy education to individuals facing multiple barriers. The Money Management program will deliver free workshops on the topics of income and taxes, budgeting, assets/savings, banking, credit, debt and consumerism to AHC and other partner agencies program participants.
Key areas of Responsibility:
• Financial literacy curriculum development, testing and improvement
• Program promotion
• Relationship building with other agencies working with similar target populations
• Recruitment of program participants
• Money Management Workshop Facilitation
• Program Administration
• Evaluation and Reporting
• Degree or diploma in relevant field or related experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Group facilitation, coaching, and adult education experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience working with people from marginalized and diverse communities
• Experience in program coordination
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Computer literacy in word processing, database, email and internet systems
• Non-profit experience an asset
• Available to work regular evenings with a great degree of flexibility in scheduling
Please forward your resume with cover letter latest by Saturday, December 07, 2019
Via e-mail to: email@example.com. Please note only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org