action4hc Action for Healthy Communities
People and Communities in Action
|Position||Program Evaluation Assistant|
|CSJ Project #||018601377|
|Program||Community Development Program|
|Action for Healthy Communities (AHC) is a non-profit charitable organization working in Edmonton since 1995 to strengthen community capacity and build healthier and stronger communities. The AHC’s objective is to improve the lives of individuals and communities in which they live through the provision of public education and other capacity-building initiatives to enable them to enhance their own lives.|
|As the evaluation assistant, you will work with the Program Analyst (Evaluation, Capacity Building, and Learning) and as part of the Community Development Unit..
You will be responsible to assist with evaluations of different programs. You will learn how to design evaluation questions, and interview guides, and conduct interviews. You will also take part in analyzing qualitative data. You will also be involved in providing assistance to all activities related to evaluation, measurement, and learning across programs at AHC.
The main responsibilities include data collection, data entry, as well as supporting both analysis and reporting. The successful candidate should be competent at working both independently and in a team environment; accurately managing data, and contributing to high-quality reports and other deliverables.
This position is for 10 weeks, starting on June 21, 2022, for 37.5 hours per week. Wages $21 /hour.
|● Assist the Program Analyst in engaging program staff, communities, and clients to design evaluation questions & tools (interview/survey questions);
● Develop questionnaires, coordinate and conduct surveys, analyze data, and compile and interpret statistics related to program needs;
● Conduct qualitative interviews with the support of the Program Analyst, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, Discuss evaluation results with program staff and clients to define improvement opportunities;
● Collaborate with the development of learning material and knowledge mobilization. of Multicultural gatherings and events
● Explore staff and community learning needs with respect to evaluation, capacity building, and learning, and suggestions to improve future learning opportunities
● Facilitate group conversations/dialogues where people can talk about what a healthy community means to them, what they concretely can do, what resources they do have, what they need from external sources to do it, etc.
● Be an agent of change and motivate others to do the same
● Administration support and any task assigned by the Program Analyst
|· Background in Social Work, Social Sciences, or related field
Evaluation /and or research experience/knowledge
· Excellent English language- spoken and writing skills
· Understanding of social service and community-based non-profit organizations
· Strong computer skills mandatory – capable of working with Microsoft suite
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively work with others. Empathy, active listening, interviewing, cooperation & collaboration skills.
· Self-motivated with well-developed planning, organizing, time management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills essential.
· Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative evaluations
· Proven ability in conducting literature reviews, data collection, analysis, and presentation.
· Show a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness
· Unbiased, non-judgmental, and receptive in approach. Reflect genuine concern, respect, and commitment toward participants
· Preference is given to applicants who have knowledge/experience of the nonprofit sector in Edmonton with relevant educational qualification
|This position is available through the Canada Summer Job Grant. Therefore, some restrictions are applied to eligibility.
Youth ages 15 – 30
– Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment,
– Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
– International students or temporary visitors are NOT eligible to apply for this position
– Clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector check is required
● Requires availability during evenings and weekends as needed
● Has operation hours: Monday-Saturday: from 9 am-5 pm
● Working conditions will be either in person or virtual depending on COVID restrictions
|How to Apply|
|Your application will be assessed based on how strongly your identified qualifications meet the criteria in the job advertisement. If you meet the qualifications and are passionate about working to serve the needs of immigrants and refugees, then we welcome you to send both your resume and cover letter to the email below with the position title/project # on the email subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of employment.
|Email to email@example.com|
|Deadline||May 30, 2022|
Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in the position!
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org