Website Action for Healthy Communities
START DATE: July 4, 2023
END DATE: August 18, 2023
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 per week (mostly Monday to Friday with occasional evening work)
WAGE RATE: $19.00
Are you passionate about working with youth? Would you like to make a difference in your local community? Are you eager to participate in summer programming with children and youth, but don’t want to travel far out of your community?
Action for Healthy Communities is hiring Camp Counsellors for our summer programs. We are an organization serving immigrants and refugees as they settle into life in Canada, and we are excited to offer free, fun activities for families. As a counsellor, you can help ensure that a child’s memories of their first summer in Canada are full of joy and fun.
In this dynamic role, you’ll work with children, youth, and families to develop and deliver activities in the summertime. This will include sports, arts, crafts, games, local field trips, music, and dance. You’ll also have the chance to support the team in developing materials and supports that we use all year round, as our team supports families and children in schools.
If you’re a positive, energetic, enthusiastic person, we encourage you to apply!
As a Canada Summer Jobs position, you must:
- Be between the ages of 15 – 30
- Be legally allowed to work in Canada as a Citizen or Permanent Resident
To meet our requirements, you must also:
- Live in the community noted (for example, if you are applying for Camrose, you must be able to demonstrate that you live in Camrose for July – August 2023)
- Be able to pass a vulnerable sector check
- Have access to reliable transportation that can get you around the community—in these small communities, this often means having your own car or access to a car consistently
- Class 5 drivers’ license without GDL
- Speaking an additional language
- Prior experience working or volunteering with children
- Prior experience developing materials for programming
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a security screening
Deadline: June 04, 2023
Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Thanks for your expression of interest!
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org