action4hc Action for Healthy Communities
People and Communities in Action
Action for Healthy Communities (AHC) is a non-profit charitable organization working in Edmonton since 1995 to strengthen community capacity and build healthier and stronger communities. The AHC’s objective is to improve the lives of individuals and communities in which they live through provision of public education and other capacity building initiatives to enable them to enhance their own lives.
The Business Supports Program’s IMPACT Project offers technical guidance and pathfinding to resources including micro lending, training and workshop opportunities, to new entrepreneurs wishing to start or expand a small business or start a revenue stream in the Cultural Tourism sector. The IMPACT Business Coach provides high quality coaching to entrepreneurs and business owners by analyzing individual business needs/situations, educating entrepreneurs, and assisting them in their launch process including development of business plans, market feasibility and cash management.
- Guide entrepreneurs through the business process, and help with assessing, organizing and coordination of resources, depending on where they are at in the business cycle, including: start-up, launch, development, expansion, scalability, and succession planning.
- Conduct pre and post assessments of entrepreneurs, develop/execute coaching plans, determine business needs, identify business’ strengths and weaknesses, identify any other needs or gaps, and facilitate referrals to other services etc.
- Provide direct one-on-one coaching and technical assistance to entrepreneurs to launch or develop their business, including but not limited to the following:
- Aid entrepreneurs in assessing where they are at in their entrepreneurship journey and offer guidance to them to develop strategies, whether it is a new start-up or an existing business, or is at the development, expansion, or succession planning stage.
- Guide entrepreneurs to the best agency or organization that could assist them.
- Guide entrepreneurs to focus on development of comprehensive business, marketing, and financial plans.
- Provide resources, information, and guidance on how to execute business launch steps such as how to access procurement opportunities, getting business permits and all other launch steps.
- Guide entrepreneurs in the creation/production/development of business products, services and materials, recordkeeping systems and other tools necessary to properly manage business daily operations.
- Guide entrepreneurs in the development of tools to improve upon their business management.
- Guide clients through various application processes, including business financing.
- Provide assistance and direction to new and existing entrepreneurs in business planning and cash flow/revenue models development.
- Develop and facilitate business mentoring by matching entrepreneurs with mentors, facilitating mentorship engagement by liaising between mentors and mentees, maintaining accurate mentorship documentation and other related supports.
- Maintaining engagement records/data by tracking and recording business successes and activities in each client’s file, maintain and update client database (AHC’s Apricot System).
- Prepare reports as required regarding client in-take, number of clients served and client progress.
- Aid the IMPACT Team in creating business models for cultural tourism businesses and perform other general duties as required by project team.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferred in business, marketing, accounting, communications, or management. (Experience equivalencies will be considered).
- Strong internet research skills.
- Strong organizational abilities, effective time management, and self-motivation; comfortable working independently, are required key attributes.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to assist individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Able to relate to diverse small business owners and issues within their environments. Have a strong interest in microenterprise or economic development. Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge.
- Proficiency in business applications (e.g., Microsoft Office/Google Suites) essential.
- Ability to offer services through, and to navigate virtual meetings.
- Multilingualism, international experience, and/or experience working closely with immigrants are definite assets
- Knowledge of the tourism market and/or cultural sector is considered an asset.
- Having run a business in the past or a business background in tourism is considered an asset.
- This is a flexible full-time position, of 30 hours per week.
- Own vehicle is a must.
- Some travel may be required.
- This position may require sometimes lifting (training materials, presentation equipment, etc.).
How to apply
Your application will be assessed based on how strongly your identified qualifications meet the criteria in the job advertisement. If you meet the qualifications and are passionate about working to serve the needs of immigrants and potential entrepreneurs, then we welcome you to send both your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of employment.
Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is found.
Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org