action4hc Action for Healthy Communties
People and Communities in Action
Action for Healthy Communities Society of Edmonton (AHC) is a non-profit organization located in Edmonton, Alberta. Since 1995, AHC has been providing opportunities to people in building their capacities and shaping a healthy and vibrant community. Action for Healthy Communities works with Edmontonians to build connections within communities by making it easier for individuals and diverse groups to develop actions that improve their community’s health and well-being.
Action for Healthy Communities Society of Edmonton is committed to fostering individual and group participation and action to improve the comprehensive and holistic health of diverse communities.
Active individuals and groups committed to using their skills, knowledge, culture, and values to build a stronger and healthier society.
Collaboration – We encourage community members to work together toward common goals based on shared concerns and values.
Participation – We are dedicated to a process that fosters community participation in activities that improve health and wellbeing.
Personal Development – We believe that continuous reflection and learning is essential for self-motivation and reaching potential.
Respect – We recognize and honour the diverse needs of all communities.
Excellence – We strive for high-quality programs to the communities we serve to achieve successful outcomes
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from a talented and engaging web storyteller with experience identifying, developing and delivering search engine optimization results. They will be comfortable writing and editing with a consistent voice for a variety of audiences.
For this 1.5 month contract, starting February 2019, you will work alongside our communications coordinator and program coordinators to update and add additional content to our program and about us pages in the English language. This is a great opportunity for a writer with a passion for, and experience in, writing content for a diverse audience, including a high demographic of immigrant and newcomers. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Researching, developing and writing online content for new and existing programs, the about us pages, donation, and membership sections; ensuring content is written and presented in a format that meets web usability standards and is consistent with the organization’s brand identity and image
- Work independently within established guidelines, as well as 1-2 days a week on site
Current Site Address
- 5+ years’ experience creating and writing compelling content (blogs, editorials, social media content). Experience writing in the immigrant sector is an asset
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing, Creative Writing, Communications, PR, or relevant field
- Strong writing skills with a passion for storytelling
- Advanced understanding of SEO principals and lead conversion strategies
- Proficiency with content management systems including, but not limited to, WordPress
- An eye for detail, excellent grammatical skills and ability to develop and edit content
- An editorial mindset that seeks to understand what our readers want and how to create it
- Flexible, resourceful and organized
- Able to work within a team as well as independently
- Previous experience in marketing, journalist, PR is an asset
- Writing samples must be provided
Process Timeline Outline:
●Quotation Submission deadline– [Jan 23, 2019]
●Evaluation of Responses and Selection of Vendor – [Jan 24- 30, 2019]
●Planned Contract Award Date – [Jan 31, 2019]
●Planned project completion Date- [March 15, 2019]
How to submit your proposal:
Please submit your proposals along with the timelines and associated costs via email to email@example.com by January 23, 2019.
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org