action4hc Action for Healthy Communties
People and Communities in Action
Action for Healthy Communities Society of Edmonton (AHC) is a non-profit organization located in Edmonton, Alberta. Since 1995, AHC has been providing opportunities to people in building their capacities and shaping a healthy and vibrant community. Action for Healthy Communities works with Edmontonians to build connections within communities by making it easier for individuals and diverse groups to develop actions that improve their community’s health and well-being.
Action for Healthy Communities Society of Edmonton is committed to fostering individual and group participation and action to improve the comprehensive and holistic health of diverse communities.
Active individuals and groups committed to using their skills, knowledge, culture, and values to build a stronger and healthier society.
Collaboration – We encourage community members to work together toward common goals based on shared concerns and values.
Participation – We are dedicated to a process that fosters community participation in activities that improve health and wellbeing.
Personal Development – We believe that continuous reflection and learning is essential for self-motivation and reaching potential.
Respect – We recognize and honour the diverse needs of all communities.
Excellence – We strive for high-quality programs to the communities we serve to achieve successful outcomes
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from a talented and engaging storyteller with experience developing promotional video content, especially for web/online purposes. They will be comfortable recording and editing video content with the ability to share the stories of a diverse demographic to the wider general public.
For this one month contract, starting February 2019, you will work alongside our communications coordinator and program coordinators to create approximately 1-2 minutes video clips for 9 of our programs/initiatives, which will be used on each of our program web pages, in addition to other marketing/promotional purposes. This is a great opportunity for a videographer with a passion for, and experience in, producing content for a diverse audience, including a high demographic of immigrant and newcomers. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the final product is in a format that meets web usability standards and is consistent with the organization’s identity and image
- Meeting and coordinating with staff in the office and in other off-site locations, as needed in order to achieve appropriate video footage
Current Site Address
List of programs/initiatives requiring video content:
- Settlement & Integration
- Employment Supports
- Learning English for Daily Life (LED)
- New Immigrant and Refugee Youth Camps
- Healthy Active Community Kids (HACK) Program
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business Development Support
- Adult Literacy & Skills Development
- Community-Capacity Building Initiatives
- 2+ years’ experience producing compelling video content. Experience working with newcomers/immigrants is an asset
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Video Production, Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, PR, or relevant field
- Strong writing skills with a passion for storytelling
- Advanced understanding of SEO principles and lead conversion strategies
- Experience using video editing software
- Flexible, resourceful and organized
- Able to work within a team as well as independently
- Video samples must be provided
Process Timeline Outline:
●Quotation Submission deadline– [Jan 23, 2019]
●Evaluation of Responses and Selection of Vendor – [Jan 24- 30, 2019]
●Planned Contract Award Date – [Jan 31, 2019]
●Planned project completion Date- [February 28, 2019]
How to submit your proposal:
Please submit your proposals along with associated costs via email: to email@example.com by January 23, 2019.
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org