AHC is a non-profit community development organization operating in greater Edmonton. Our
programs strengthen the capacity of individuals to organize and create initiatives that contribute
to improved community health and well-being. Through community capacity building based in
three strategies we promote community inclusion as a strategy for increasing citizenship
participation and action. To learn about Action for Healthy Communities, visit www.a4hc.ca
AHC is currently looking for one (1) instructor to teach basic math and numeracy skills to a group of adult students.
Position: Basic Math and Numeracy Instructor
Employment Terms: 100 hours to be completed between September 2017 and June 2018
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Curriculum Development & Planning
– Plan lessons for each class.
– Plan and deliver monthly lessons that take place during field trips.
– Incorporate visual and audio-visual resources into the lessons allowing the students to develop their math skills.
– Locate and utilize teaching resources to enrich the lessons.
Teaching Basic Math and Numeracy
– Teach math and numeracy during the scheduled class time according to the curriculum and lesson plans.
– Use teaching techniques that will encourage students to learn, practice, and apply what they have learned.
– Create a positive and encouraging learning atmosphere that promotes confidence-building.
– Offer opportunities for students to ask questions and request clarification on lessons and related subjects during the lessons.
A degree in Education with a math focus from an accredited university, or a certificate in teaching math plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Experience teaching to diverse groups of people with various levels of English language skills.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com. We will review the applications against the requirements of the position on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of candidates we consider, only those most closely qualified will be contacted for an interview.